Bouchra Jarrar presented her first fashion show for Lanvin today at Paris Fashion Week. Held in the dramatic Hôtel de Ville, the presentation included many of Jarrar’s signatures, from feathers to slim-cut jackets, as well as a sense of joy that is classic Lanvin. While you wait for Sarah Mower’s review of Jarrar’s 49 looks, find the standout moments from the runway show here.
1. Jarrar moved Lanvin’s show into the ornate Salon de l’Hôtel de Ville, lining the space with long benches for guests. The room’s ornate ceiling provided for ample Instagram fodder while attendees waited for the show to start.
2. The show opened with a take on the white suit, worn with a long striped silk button-down tunic and accessorized with floral brooches and ties at the neck.
3. Jarrar’s feather-trimmed jackets at the start of the show proved to be a social media success. If the sheer number of slow-motion videos of Julia Nobis is any indication, the model’s ivory vest and slit skirt are already the collection’s It items.
4. It was top model central on the Lanvin runway, with Arizona Muse, Sasha Pivovarova, Imaan Hammam, Guinevere van Seenus, Liu Wen, and Karlie Kloss taking turns for the brand.
5. Yes, there were plenty of stiletto heels on the catwalk today, but the shoes everyone was talking about postshow were the beaded flat sandals. Comfortable, sure, but also quite chic.